On the physical level, yoga and its cleansing properties have proven to be very effective for various disorders. Listed below are just some of the benefits of yoga:
- Yoga increases flexibility and has postures that trigger different joints in the body. Including joints that are not normally used with regular exercise routines.
- Yoga increases the lubrication of joints, ligaments and tendons, and exercises the different tendons and ligaments of the body. The body starting out rigid, may experience remarkable flexibility after starting yoga.
- Yoga is perhaps the only exercise that can work on internal organs, including those that don't get stimulated through external methods.
- Yoga acts on the various body parts, stimulating and massaging the organs and benefits us by keeping away disease. It also provides forewarning of the first onset of disease or disorder. One of the benefits of yoga is the increased sense of awareness that it develops in the practitioner of impending health disorders or infection. This enables the person to take proactive corrective action.
- Yoga offers detoxification of the body by gently stretching the muscles and joints. This helps by flushing toxins from the body and providing nourishment. The benefits of such are delayed aging and increased energy.
- Yoga is also an excellent way to tone and strengthen muscles which are weak and stimulates the burning of excess fats.
The meditative practices of yoga help to achieve an emotional balance which leads to calmness and a positive outlook, which benefits the physical health of the body through stress reduction.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Larry_L_Clark