Welcome to my Universe!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day Two of the Master Cleanse.

Day Two of the Master Cleanse is about halfway over. Of course, I worked night shift last night and slept until 2 pm today, so I’m only about 8 hours into my day. Last night was really hard at work, getting through a really boring night with no food. I fell asleep quickly this morning and slept fine, and felt great when I got up.

I took the dog and my camera to the beach this afternoon and had a nice walk. It was a gorgeous day, although a bit cold. In fact, I was quite bundled up on the beach, in thermal underwear, boots, a thick shirt, hoodie, and winter jacket on top, hat, and scarf, and I noticed the other people on the beach had less clothes on that I did. I even saw a couple of young boys digging in the sand wearing jeans and t-shirts, and no shoes. (They reminded me of Seth and Drew, who are away with their dads this week. That was one factor that influenced me to go ahead and do the cleanse this week while they were gone, but I miss them terribly.)

When I got home, I watched my Christmas gift from Michael, Dr. Wayne Dyer's movie, The Shift. It was very inspiring and brought me to tears a couple of times. It also motivated me to go ahead and order something that’s been on my Amazon wish list for a while, a copy of the Tao te Ching.

While watching the movie, I was bundled in: fluffy foot-warming socks and new slippers that I got from my mom for Christmas, the same thermal underwear and a pair of scrub pants on top, the same long sleeve warm shirt with the same hoodie on top, and I was wrapped in my new zebra-print Snuggie, another Christmas gift. I was FREEZING. I didn’t get warm until I decided to run a hot bath in my Jacuzzi tub. I got it as hot as I could stand it, lit a candle, turned off the lights, and soaked in the tub in a semi-meditative state for at least an hour, intermittently running the jets, but mostly not. The heat, the darkness, the dead silence in my house, and the movie I just watched, all had me in a state of pure relaxation, and I let my thoughts drift. It was really nice.

So, today has been a good day physically and mentally, but just in the past hour, a major craving has kicked in. I want BREAD. The Ezekiel bread in the freezer, toasted, with peanut butter, to be exact. I am a little hungry, but I know that this is a craving because a carrot or green salad doesn’t seem as appealing. So, I wait for my supportive spouse to get home from work, and in the meantime, I will look for some encouragement online. I know that this is temporary, and the “addiction” to comfort foods such as bread and peanut butter is one of the things I’m hoping to get rid of by doing the Master Cleanse. It is good that I can feel the craving, recognize it for what it is, and reach for the lemonade instead.

No comments: