Welcome to my Universe!

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day One of the Master Cleanse.

Starting the Master Cleanse. I slept until 2-ish this afternoon since I worked until 7 am this morning. I drank my Kleri-Tea this morning before I went to bed, and when I got up, I went to the grocery store to buy lemons. Food Lion didn’t have organic lemons, but I had read in the Peter Glickman Master Cleanse book last night that you didn’t have to use organic lemons if you weren’t going to juice the whole lemon or use any of the rind. My juicer is a plain little old-fashioned manual citrus juicer. I bought a dozen large lemons at .89 each. When I got home, I went ahead and drank my quart of salt water. Man, was that difficult! I am using Celtic Grey sea salt, and bottled spring water. I thought that I was going to be able to get it down easily by thinking of it as soup, but it was VERY salty. It was JUST like sea water. It took a lot of pacing and nose-holding and general psyching myself out to get it down. Then I went ahead and made a quart of lemonade. I washed my lemons before cutting them in half. It only took 1 ½ lemons to get the 4 oz. I needed for a quart of lemonade. I used a little less than the 4 oz. of maple syrup (grade B organic) that was called for, and I used ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper. My concoction is I the refrigerator chilling as I type this.

More later. It has been 45 minutes since I drank the salt water, and nature is calling.

Later: It’s 7 pm now, and I’m at work. I had a bit of a nagging headache soon after drinking the salt water, but I’m on my fourth cup now of lemonade and it seems to be subsiding. The after-effects of the salt water weren't bad at all, Iwent to the bathroom three times, and it was all over 1 1/2 hours after I drank the salt water. I’m sort of hungry, and I’m having a hard time getting the lemonade down fast enough to curb my appetite, because the cayenne is really hot. The cayenne I bought is 90,000 Hu (heat units), and the typical spice cabinet variety is a mere 5,000 Hu. I used ¼ teaspoon to the quart of lemonade I made. The “recipe” called for 1/10 teaspoon per cup, and I thought that I would start light…but it seems I will have to go lighter next time. Also, the maple syrup (which I usually love) tastes weird with the lemons. Another thing I’m sure I will quickly get used to. All in all, the lemonade isn’t unpleasant, and it’s certainly a lot easier to swallow than the salt water flush was.

Since it’s the day after Christmas, there is a ton of junk food lying around here at work. It seems gross to me, really. However, before I left home, the Ezekiel bread and peanut butter was looking really good. Nothing too hard to deal with though, which is what I suspect is going to be the theme throughout this cleanse. I am looking forward to a huge mental and spiritual shift later in the week, but for now I will just get used to telling the difference between hunger and cravings.

No comments: