Welcome to my Universe!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The message is there if you are ready to hear it.

I've been fighting a nasty cold for the past two days, and when I woke up this morning I wasn't ready to get out of bed. I really wished I had my laptop in the bedroom, but decided that it was too cold to get out of bed and retrieve it from the office. I remembered that I had a book in my bedside table drawer, so I reached over and picked up "Ask and It Is Given" by Esther and Jerry Hicks. The book had been there for months, maybe even a year, and I had only read the first chapter. Although I have some Abraham-Hicks audiobooks that I have also listened to periodically, the message just never really clicked with me. I have preferred other books on the Law of Attraction over the Abraham-Hicks ones.

I picked up the book and turned straight to chapter 2, entitled "We Are Keeping Our Promise to You--We Are Reminding You of Who You Are". My interest was piqued, and I imagined that "they" were speaking directly to me. (If you've never read any Abraham material, "they" is Abraham, which is supposed to be Source Energy, as channeled by Esther Hicks).

They say, "We write this book to reawaken within you your memory of the power and inevitable success that pulses through the core of that which you really are. We write this book to assist you in returning you to your place of optimism, positive expectation, and expanding joy; and to remind you that there is nothing that you cannot be, do, or have. We write this book because we promised you we would. And now, as you hold this book in your hands, you are completing a promise you made as well."

I closed my eyes for a few minutes and focused on my breathing, feeling Source Energy flow through me. I focused on the idea that "they" (Abraham, Source Energy, whatever you choose to call it) is me, and I am them. I really do believe that I chose this life before I was born into it, and everything that has happened thus far have been part of the path that I chose. The broken hearts, the love lost, the addictions, the struggle... I cannot and will not regret one bit of it because it has brought me to this place.

Now, in the 40th year of my life, I feel that I am awakening to my purpose. I am choosing joy now, I am remembering why I am here. Every day, however fleetingly, I feel inspired to follow my heart on this, and to help other people understand what I know from my years of seeking. I know that I am ready now for the second half of my life to be joyous, fulfilling, and productive.

This reminds me of a Daily Quote I got in my email the other day, also from Abraham-Hicks. (I highly recommend you subscribe...it's free and very uplifting!) The quote was:

"Every single person on the planet and every single Consciousness in the Universe has the same experience of being here and having a desire to be there. In other words, it is the promise of this eternal Universe… You’re always, always, always going to be on your way to something more—always. And when you relax and accept that, and stop beating up on yourself for not being someplace that you’re not, and instead, start embracing where you are while you keep your eye on where you’re going—now life becomes really, really, really fun."

In other words...we will always have unfulfilled desires. It's human nature. We are never supposed to be fully satisfied, because if we were, we would stop evolving. Instead of thinking from a place of lack, we should be excited about the things that we want that we don't have yet, because we know they are coming. If we can find joy where we are now, while we still look forward to the things we don't have yet with excitement, we have learned a very valuable lesson. If we are constantly feeling sorry for ourselves because we don't have our desires, then we will NEVER be happy because we will always, always want more than we have.

We must choose to be happy NOW!

Right now, I am sitting at my desk, looking out the window at today's clear blue sky, watching the leafless trees sway in the breeze, and hearing my two young boys laughing and playing in the next room. I am grateful that I am not spending today at a soul-sucking job, and my children are not being brainwashed and oppressed in a classroom full of other bored, oppressed children. I am grateful for my health, my loving husband, and my friends. This is a wonderful life that I have chosen, and I am excited for my future.

Thank you for reading! Make a list of the things you are grateful for today!

Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires

2 comments:

StillMa said...

You know for years we have been hinted to, given examples of and even told directly all the stuff we "need to know", but every now and then, when we are ready, we actually hear it.
I have found that there are times when I'm really looking for an answer and lo and behold, the Universe hands it to me. Life is great (and amazing).
I love you Jennifer.

Jeff said...

Namaste. :-)