Welcome to my Universe!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Cats and birds, houses and more...

Yesterday a horrible screeching noise woke M and I. In the kitchen, we found an injured woodpecker, and Joey trying to figure out what to do with it. How it got it through the cat door and into the kitchen is beyond me.

It appeared to have a broken leg, and was otherwise fine. It didn’t like us much when we scooped it into a laundry basket. I didn’t know what to do…I knew if I put it outside to fend for itself, my cats would have it again in no time, and it didn’t have a chance.

I found the number of a wildlife rehabilitator online, and referred me to another lady he knew. We took our feathered friend to Greenville and dropped him off at a vet’s office, where he was to be evaluated and later picked up by the wildlife rehab lady. I have a feeling that he’s going to be ok.

As for Joey…well, I don’t think he was responsible for the bird’s injury. It was a large, fiesty bird. I think that Joey found the injured bird and somehow managed to bring it indoors. Besides, Joey has a bell on his collar, and I just can’t see him sneaking up on an adult bird and breaking its’ leg.

In other news…I have my first piece of investment property under contract. It was a VA foreclosure. I still have the inspection and appraisal to get through, but it’s looking good.

I am still working on doing a few little things to my house, and will hopefully be out and have it rented by July 1.

Michael only has five more days at work. After that, he is going to take real estate classes, and will hopefully have his broker’s license before we get married. He has already been accepted to three nursing schools for the fall, but I think he’s decided not to go that route (thank goodness).

As for me, I plan on working my two nights a week for about three more years, then I’ll leave the world of punching a time clock. Watch me.

What I really want to do is get in a motor home with the family and go wherever the wind takes us.

Also…

In less than three months, I’ll be a married woman (again). Yes, mixed feelings….but mostly good ones. The uncertain ones are just leftover from times past.

No comments: