Welcome to my Universe!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Recent photos...home, beach trip, etc.

My four boys, wrestling on the trampoline.

Look what the cat dragged up...Joey has taken to killing crawfish and leaving them on the front porch.

Chili peppers.

My picnic table Earthbox garden is on it's last legs.

Tomato hornworm damage.

Still have cherry tomatoes coming out of my ears.

The heat index is 105 degrees here today, and the bees are out for some fresh air.

Seth at the beach a couple of weeks ago.

Drew digging for sand fiddlers.

The view from our back steps.

Our humble little beach cottage.

Sunrise, the first morning.

Early morning shrimp boat, catching our dinner for that night.

More of the sunrise.  Those things sticking up out of the water are what's left of a pier that got knocked down in one of the hurricanes in recent years.

Sunrise, a few minutes later.  Yes, I love to take sunrise pictures.

Here are the pier-pilings up close.  I just like the picture.

Middle sis.

My youngest sister would kill me if she knew I posted this picture of her.  I took it one morning that we were all hungover.  She had just gotten out of bed.

The kitchen-counter bar.

Low tide at the south end of the island.

Tidal pools at the south end, where the ocean meets the sound.  We relaxed here before the long walk back to the car.

More of the same.

At low tide on this end of the island, the beach seems to be miles wide.  AKA, The End of the World.

We did alot of relaxing and reading on this screened porch.

No comments: