Welcome to my Universe!

Friday, July 7, 2006

Finally, a healthy relationship.

You know what? I’m happy. My home is a haven of love. My men called me tonight (I’m at work). They all took turns telling me they love me. Michael says, “They are awesome kids”. And Seth, in his four-year-old voice, says, “Michael, you’re a good man.” From the mouths of babes.

He is a good man. He is better than I thought he was, back when I first started thinking he was a good man.

As I have for the past several years, I sit and listen to people’s relationship woes. I take notes. I read books by Dr. Laura and some Buddhist guy, listing all the wrong reasons that people enter into relationships, get married, have children, give up their selves. I have formulated theories in my own mind. I have gained clarity over some of my past relationship mistakes. The more I think about it, the more I observe the way it’s “normally” done, the more I sense how many of the status quo are empty and dissatisfied, the more I think that I have found something extraordinary here. Rather, we have found something extraordinary together.

Love. Acceptance. Friendship. Support. Mutual Respect. Honesty. Similiar values. And a willingness to trust, to stay open, to continue to grow and learn from each other.

There is a refreshing lack of insecurity, suspicion, jealousy, and possessiveness. There are just two whole, mature people, enhancing each other’s lives instead of BEING each other’s lives .

No comments: